Mount Damavand as the 12th most prominent peak in the world, and the second most prominent in Asia after Mount Everest, has always been one of the main icons of Iran. Climbing Damavand as the highest peak in Iran and Middle East, and also the highest volcano in Asia, can be a dream come true for many tourists who come to Iran. In general,Trekking, hiking and mountaineering in Iran is becoming more and more attractive for tourists these days. There are more than 16 known routes for climbing to the summit, with different levels of difficulty. Some of the routes are very dangerous and require rock climbing and professional equipment and some are easier. That’s why the most important thing in climbing and Damavand Trekking is the right leader. Considering safety, stay on the right track, find shelters and follow the proper timeline aren’t things to get under estimated while climbing. That’s why we were peaky about choosing our leader. You can also read Our Climb Damavand: The Ultimate Guide to Middle East’s Highest Mountain!
Damavand Trekking, Damavand Tour
Ehsan Partovi, our great experienced climbing leader which is one of the prominent Iranian mountaineer and rock climber that starts his professional career in 1993 is the perfect choice if you have Damavand in mind. He has nearly climbed all the mountains and walls of Iran in different seasons which make him very familiar with different routes and region of Alborz and Zagros Mountains. As the winner of Best Iranian Ascendant Award in 2009, now Skiing, ice climbing, rock climbing, participating in rescue operations, discovering and establishing new routes, is Ehsan’s main sport activities and we will assure you happy and safe trips in the mountains of Alborz alongside his supervision and experiences.
Damavand Tour Type
- Climbing, Trekking, Adventure/ Local experience / Nature and Eco tours
- Moderate-good fitness level.
- Tour Guide, Driver and transportation from Tehran to Poloor and from Poloor to GossfandSara village and back, meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner, fees of accommodation, equipped tents, foods and drinks and medical equipments in Poloor village and the 3rd shelter (Shared area).
- Insurance, costs of carrying personal belongings to the 3rd shelter, fees of climbing license and allowance
- Taxi, Van
- Professional climbing equipment, Personal belongings
Duration and description
Damavand Tour: South Route (starts at 2100 Meters)
- Day 1: Tehran to GoosfandSara Village(3000 Meters);
- Day 2: GoosfandSara up to the 3rd Barrage (4200 Meters);
- Day 3: Staying in the 3rd Shelter for acclimation(up to 4700 Meters);
- Day 4: Up to the peak , Going back to the 3rd Barrage (5671 Meters);
- Day 4: Getting back to Tehran from the 3rd Barrage.
Group Size and Fees
- 1 pax: 780$ / 2 pax: 10250$
- 3 pax: 1550$ / 4 pax(One car): 1750$
You can ask the details of Tehran tours by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org